Talk about a load of crap. In less than 30 seconds after Bush announced John Roberts as his Supreme Court nominee, Moveon.org released this greatest hits list on the conservative judge:
- Roberts has been associated with some of the most fringe and extreme views of the Republican Party for years.
- He has supported the “takings” philosophy of the extreme right, which calls for government to compensate polluters.
- He believes Roe should be “overturned,” and won the case that gagged doctors so they could not even discuss abortion with their patients.
- He opposed clean air rules and worked to help coal companies strip mine mountaintops.
- He tried to stop Congress from strengthening the Voting Rights Act.
- He worked to keep injured workers from receiving disability. And no wonder, he’s regularly been associated with corporate, far right legal groups in America – the Washington Legal Foundation, the Federalist Society, and the so-called National Legal Center for the Public Interest.
And those were the nice comments.