Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi today accused the CIA of lying to her regarding the use of waterboarding and other enhanced interrogation techniques employed by the Bush administration after 9/11.
The CIA isn’t the liar in this case. Nancy Pelosi is.
Pelosi gives conflicting reports almost hourly.
- She claimed she was never briefed on the use of enhanced interrogation techniques.
- She stated she had not been briefed about the use of water boarding.
- She confessed she did attend a briefing but there was no talk of any enhanced interrogation techniques.
- She confessed she was briefed but she wasn’t made clear on the definition of the techniques used.
- Today, she confessed she was briefed but was never told about the fact that waterboarding had been used on a terrorist suspect, even though terrorist suspect Abu Zubaydah had been waterboarded a month before she was briefed on the subject in Sept. 2002.
And it goes on and on…
Question: Does it matter that one of the left’s most revered leaders is a blatant liar?
Yes, it does. And Pelosi is a liar. She was fully aware of the use of enhanced interrogation techniques and is now only trying to cloud the fact that she knew from the beginning that the Bush Administration was actively employing the practice. It wasn’t very important to her to fret about “torture” back then, but now it’s in her best interest to use it as a political sledge hammer. That hammer is about to fall squarely on her own head.
The politicizing of our national security must end.